At CBT, we strive to produce the best materials in the business. To achieve that, we update our materials every six months. But we know that budgets are tight during bar study, so we’ve introduced the CBT exchange program for our written materials. If you own a prior edition of one of our printed books and you’d like to receive the current one, send us your old one and you’ll receive up to 85% off our latest edition. Find out more here….
As 2016 is just around the corner, many 2Ls are beginning to think about the California Bar Exam waiting for them at the end of their studies. In August of this year, the Committee of Bar Examiners announced that starting in July 2017 the format of the bar exam will be reduced from three days to two days.
Find below a summary of the new bar exam format and keep in touch with CBT to make sure you are bar exam ready!
Beginning July 2017:
1) General Bar Examination
The examination will be administered over two days with the following components:
- One morning session during which three one-hour essay questions will be administered;
- One afternoon session during which two one-hour essay questions and one 90-minute Performance Test will be administered; and
- Morning and afternoon sessions consisting of three hours each, during which 100 multiple- choice items for each session will be administered [the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE)].
2) Attorneys’ Examination
The examination will be administered over one day with the following components:
- One morning session during which three one-hour essay questions will be administered; and
- One afternoon session during which two one-hour essay questions and one 90-minute Performance Test will be administered.
CBT materials incorporate relevant remedies within particular substantive law sections, but several clients have asked for an overall summary of bar tested remedies – so we made one! You can download a free copy here.
We’re here to solve your bar exam problems. If you have general questions or need something that’s not listed on our website, get in touch with us! We’ll give you the best advice we can and point you in the right direction, even if it’s to another company. Our goal is your success!!
Every year CBT’s number of clients grows in response to word spreading about CBT’s effective methods for passing the California Bar Exam. What started eight years ago as a local tutoring company, CBT now provides services to bar takers all over the world! Each year CBT adds new products and services, providing clients with more choice while maintaining excellent value.
New for 2015:
- CBT has entered into licensing agreements with the State Bar of California and the National Conference of Bar Examiners so that bar takers can practice answering real bar exam questions!
- CBT has designed a new custom website with a client portal. The CBT Portal allows clients to access lecture videos, outlines, and previously administered bar exam essays. What’s more, clients can now submit their assignments and message their tutors through the CBT Portal! Everything you need for bar study in one place!
- Lectures to Go! Now CBT subject lectures are available to download from iTunes and Google Play. Listen at the gym or on the road and maximize your study time!
Would you like CBT to offer a new product or service? Tell us about it: Questions@CaliforniaBarTutors.com